[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.4 plugin migration path

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 09:39:37 UTC 2017

On 17/01/17 10:10, Peter Fern wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It appears there have been quite a few changes to the FreeIPA plugin
> infrastructure in the 4.4 series.  I've been trying to wade through the
> commits, but it's a pretty tough slog.
>
> Does anyone have details on how to migrate plugins from <=4.3 to 4.4?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

Hello Peter,
in 4.4 we split the plugins to the server and client plugins. Simple
plugins (like server plugin) needs to exist only on server and all what
is needed is to move it from ipalib/plugins to ipaserver/plugins.

But if commands in your plugin define interactive_prompt_callback (like
dns plugin) or forward (like vault plugin) you will need to split the
client and server part of the plugin.

--
David Kupka