LTSP 5

Eric Harrison eharrison at mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Jun 4 21:03:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Andrae Findlator wrote:
>>
>> How do I limit the client's screen resolution to 1024x768? Right now it
>> seems to take the maximum resolution of the monitor.
>
> This is a current limitation of the way Fedora 9 configures X.  We have no
> way of saying "Use X autoconfiguration except for the resolution."
>
> Your options are either:
> 1) Use xrandr after X started to change the resolution.
> 2) Drop an xorg.conf into your chroot at /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  This however
> only works if all your clients have the same video card and desired
> resolution.
>
> I'm working on a long term solution to this problem.

If you do not want to (or cannot) use a hard-coded xorg.conf for all
terminals, you can create a xorg.conf file and tell specific terminals
to use it.

For example, if you saved the xorg.conf file as
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/X11/xorg-1024x768.conf, you can add this to your
lts.conf to tell only one terminal to use that config file:

     [00:E0:4C:AC:00:26]
         X_CONF=/etc/X11/xorg-1024x768.conf

(where "00:E0:4C...." is the Mac address of the terminal)

-Eric