[K12OSN] New Network - Fiber planned - Need advice

Richard Curley rcurley at stewartmarchman.org
Wed Apr 21 15:53:44 UTC 2004

While not the cheapest solution out there, Cisco's WS3508G-XL is a great
unit.  It provides 8 Gb fiber ports.  And then don't forget the GBIC
modules, if you're running SC connectors on multimode fiber, you will need
Cisco "1000BaseSX Short WaveLength GBIC Multimode only" part # WS-G5484= .
Pricing on the Switch is about $3,600 and on the GBIC's $360 each.

Richard Curley
(386) 323-2570
MIS Administrator
Stewart Marchman