Slightly OT :Re: [K12OSN] autologin certain terminals

aust_Txv at ACCESS-K12.org aust_Txv at ACCESS-K12.org
Mon Aug 2 12:09:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

Good timing.  Another autologin question.  I just need some search terms
here.

I what to turn old PC's into terminals.  Not X terminals, but console only.

Task:  I installed a linux/python based timeclock system ( punch in/punch
out) which you access via telnet.  I want to use old PC's as console
terminals which when the PC device is turned on it telnet's to the
timeclock server, login
as a specific user, and the timeclock interface starts.  Step three works
already.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Tom Ventresco