[K12OSN] Re: Computer goes to sleep and never wakes up

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Dec 2 05:19:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 12:22, "Terrell Prudé, Jr." wrote:
> Gavin Chester wrote:

-snip-

> >path myself, is there any way to continue to allow power saving on the
> >client so that it just wakes up when someone sits down to logon?  The
-snip-

> The thin clients themselves won't go into power-saving mode, but on my
> LTSP setup, the monitors do.  A lot of the juice to run a thin client
> (say, a Pentium-166) would normally go toward spinning the hard disk and

Thanks for your response, Terrell.  I made a confusing statement, I'm
sorry, because I intended to mean power saving for the monitor of the
client - not the CPU & hard disk of client.  Is there an effective means
to implement monitor "sleeping" that doesn't cause problems that some
others have written about (as in the original posting)?

--
	Regards,

	Gavin Chester