[K12OSN] A non-X10 solution

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Tue Jun 22 17:06:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 00:38, Chris Thomas wrote:
<snip>
> An interesting item that they had was a power
> strip that contained a nic in it that allowed someone
> to remotely cold boot a computer, router, whatever.
> They could tur off and on the power to any plug
> remotely.
<snip>
> Does anyone know of such a product?

I have seen items like this advertised in a lot of admin / geek
magazines like Sys Admin, Linux Journal, and the like. I imagine
perusing one of those would yield results. Also a google search for
"remote power control" returned what look to be a lot relevant results.

--
-Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Technology Coordinator