Re: [K12OSN] sound on client

Les Mikesell wrote:
I'm trying to make sound work for the first time and using the
K12LTSP-4.1.0-alpha9 distribution. I suppose I should have tried
on a stable version first but maybe I've just missed something
simple.
The clients are Dell Optiplex GX1's and I've gotten the driver
to load with:
 SMODULE_01       = "cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1"

I have GX1's too and I can't get the sound working either. But I use the older K12LTSP 3.x.x. I hadn't seen the setting that you have listed here "cs4232". Hmmm. Maybe that will work for me. As for your situation, sorry I can't help, 'cuz I'm not using Fedora Core 1.

If I set SOUND_DAEMON to "esd", I can log in to the server and
'esdplay' a .wav file and it plays at the client, but I get
an error from xmms, etc.  'nasd' also appears to load correctly
but no sounds are redirected and I don't know how to test it.
The AUDIOSERVER, etc. environment variables are being set - what
else is needed?

Also, should sound from a java application work?  If not, I may
need to set this up as a local app anyway.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les futuresource com

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
 for that which he cannot lose."
 -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
 of the very same story which is written across
 the whole world in letters too large
 for some of us to see."
 -- C. S. Lewis