[K12OSN] K12LTSP Mirror (again)

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Thu Mar 18 19:02:49 UTC 2004

I see currently on the mesd rsync server, there are separate settings for:

K12LTSP-all   and also
K12LTSP-apt

Since most of the RPMS exist in both, is it safe to assume there is some sym linking that occurs on the actual server?  I would like to set up similar symlinking on my end, so as to save mucho bandwidth and space.

I would also like to keep the updates, etc for 7.3, 8.0, etc -- which the K12LTSP-apt:: does...

My end goal is to be able to install K12LTSP with a couple floppies, and then run apt-get to update the server once installed, all using my local mirror.  (Actually, for our entire ESD, not just for my installs)

Is this as simple as it seems to me?  Can I just symlink some directories to get my cake and eat it too?

Thanks,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers