[K12OSN] strange install error

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu May 6 17:54:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 09:33, Joe Guenther wrote:

> Now to get my Adaptec SATA adapter to work in this darn thing..... :-(

We are close enough to fedora core 2 that you might as well wait
and see if it works out of the box.

Let me recommend the NFS install method as a time-saver again.  I have
an NFS export from my desktop machine that I use to install all
redhat/fedora based systems.  I just download the iso images of each
new version into a directory and burn the first cd.  Floppies will
work, but it may take several to get the network and disk drivers
you need.  At the CD boot prompt, enter 'linux askmethod', then pick
the NFS image method later and enter the NFS server and path to
the directory of images.  This is faster, avoids the cd dma issues,
and you don't have to wait around to swap disks.  You can start one
at the end of the day, go home, and come back to a server ready to
be booted.

Fedora core2 has a USB-bootable image too but I couldn't get
it to work in the test3 release.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com