[K12OSN] 1.4 mbps on 100BaseT! (OT)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Nov 2 00:46:07 UTC 2004

> I just clocked a Samba upload to my K12LTSP server at 1.45 MegaBits per
> second.  Roughly 109 Megabytes took roughly 11 minutes.  (maybe I'm doing
> the math wrong, but that seems really slow.)  Connections are solid and
> reliable, but slow.

I am a little confused here.  You say 1.45MB is what you clocked but at that
speed moving 109MB should only take 75 seconds.  That would be a decent
speed if you ask me.  But 11 minutes is really slow, too slow.  So if you
clocked 1.45MB on something I would first wonder what is different between
that machine and the machine that took 11 minutes to upload the 109MB file.
Otherwise straighten me out with some more details.  Otherwise I would say