[K12OSN] Upgrading firefox

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Wed Apr 6 17:10:42 UTC 2005

A quick search of recent posts did not turn up the answer so I'm asking
the group.

I am using K12ltsp 4.0 a (I know I should update but that's been a
problem too) I need to update firefox-0.9.3 to firefox-1.0.2

I have installed firefox-1.0.2 into /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2 and if I
launch firefox from there I am fine.

I want to make /usr/bin/firefox launch the new firefox. If I update the
directory variable in the /usr/bin/firefox file, firefox does not
launch. I tried to link /usr/bin/firefox to
/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2/firefox and I get library errors.

Has anyone done this and can they provide instructions.

Thanks

Lewis