[K12OSN] Which server would you prefer?

The Prof joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:00:05 UTC 2005

Hello,

The idea of using both machines for LTSP won't work sadly. As was
suggested in another thread on the mailing list, I'll be using one
machine as a Windows Server and the other machine for a LTSP server.
I'd much rather have the better machine for LTSP than Windows hence my
original question.

I originally posed this question in a way to ensure a fair comparison
between the two machines. Now I know that RAM is a very important
factor, and from what I understand, the Quad Pentium Pro machine can
hold up to 8 GB of RAM, while the P4 can only do 4 GB. If that is the
case, does it sway things in favour of the Quad? I only mention this
now because the Quad will be shipped with 2 GB RAM so I'll have to get
the other modules myself.

Joseph