[K12OSN] V.4.4 install: HELP!

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Aug 12 00:35:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Alan A Hodson wrote:

> For a school starting classes tomorrow, I did a K12LTSP 4.4 install (Dell
> 4600) and all came up roses except the eth0 - the usual reinstalls, 'neat'
> checks, updates, etc did not help, so in desperation I did a RESTORECON
> documented below
>
> [root at WarriorNet1 ~]# restorecon -R /
> lstat(/dev/pts) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/net) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/proc) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/sys) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/misc) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/dsp) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/mixer) failed: Permission denied
> lstat(/opt/ltsp/i386/dev/dsp1) failed: Permission denied
> [root at WarriorNet1 ~]#
>
> Now, this being such a drastic rescue tool, I was sure it was going to save
> the day, but it didn't. I still don't have active dhcpd - if anyone has any
> suggestions, I welcome them all.

If you think that it may be a SELinux related problem, here is a quick
way to check:

 	1) disable selinux enforcement:

 		echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

 	2) restart dhcpd

 		/sbin/service dhcpd restart

If that fixes it, odds are pretty good that you installed an earlier
beta. This should fix it:

 	1) do the updates (sounds like you did this already)

 	2) run:

 		/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/selinux-alter.sh

 	3) reboot

Let us know how it goes...

-Eric