[K12OSN] rpm --import public.gpg.key = failure

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Sat Feb 5 05:04:59 UTC 2005

You may or may not have been following my upgrade woes.
Well, I hosed the whole hdd on an attempt at fresh install of 4.2, somehow.
Not sure what happened, but kept getting I/O error on hdd.
So, I did a fresh isntall of 4.0.1, and then upgraded, and am now
writing to you from a fresh 4.2 upgrade.
Very nice.

But, I need a few things I'd like to yum in (some stuff to support my hp
printer, like cups devel, python devel...plus, I want pico),
and I'm getting this:

[root at localhost tony]# yum update

You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
You can do that by running the command:
    rpm --import public.gpg.key
For more information contact your distribution or package provider.
[root at localhost tony]# rpm --import public.gpg.key
error: public.gpg.key: import read failed.
[root at localhost tony]#

Same after several tries.
How can I correct this problem?