Re: [K12OSN] Autologin not working

I think the ability to make cosmetic changes, such as changing the greeting, in KDM is broken. I was not able to make any such changes work. That's why I went back to GDM. But I believe William Fragakis has autologin under KDM working, so I'm pretty sure that part works.

Petre

Ray Garza wrote:
Thanks for the info guys but it is still not working. I can make changes to the kdmrc.ltsp (such as using a Greeting) file reboot and no changes show up. I just get the Fedora logo in the center of the screen with the Username and Password box's. On the bottom left of the screen I have Session Type and Menu and on the Bottom right I have the domain and date/time. The greeting doesn't show up. So that tells me that file is not being looked at.

I think what'll do and wipe the server clean and start over. No big deal as this is not a production box, just a small server and 1 client setup to test things out with.

Thanks for the help.

-ray