Re: [K12OSN] classroom teachers

On 6/29/06, Daniel Howard <dhhoward comcast net> wrote:

A thought: How about a web site for teachers with lesson plans posted by
teachers (www.OpenLessons.org or similar) where those of us more
familiar with some of the OSS apps available (or can take the moments to
search or email schoolforge collegues to find apps) can then integrate
the OSS apps into the lesson plans?  Basically, teachers just do what
they're already doing (lesson plans) and we help them find OSS apps to
enhance the lessons.  The site can have other info besides lesson plans
useful for teachers using OSS in classrooms of course.

What about the existing http://openquestproject.org/index.php/Main_Page?

Otherwise, I'd be glad to register OpenLessons.org and set up the wiki.

We are going to have a birds-of-a-feather meeting Thursday, July 5, at
NECC in San Diego, and then a dinner meeting that night to discuss
Open Source in education with all who want to be there.  This would be
a good forum for some of these ideas to come up in and be discussed.

--
Steve Hargadon
steve hargadon com

www.K12Computers.com - (Refurbished Dell Optiplexes for Schools)