[K12OSN] Brodcasting to Wireless 2.4 connections...

ATM Logic atmlogic at kmts.ca
Mon Mar 20 03:52:12 UTC 2006

I agree that I may not be able to serve 200 People at one moment, however I
suspect I would never have 200 all at one moment...  Much in the same way
that the Dialup ISP's "over sell" their lines.. It should all work out, and
I suspect I will have a mix of 900Mhz, 2.4, and Some 5G  The perk of the 2.4
is the price.  If it all comes together, I may also use the 5G as a backhaul
line to clusters of homes.

I really want to make use of the NoCat.net's NoCatAuth and NoCatSplash...
But I think I have a good handful of ideas to get sorted out and... Perhaps
when the weather is nice I may be ready to get things up the tower  :)  As a
perk I have a nice tower right in my own back yard to play/test with.  If I
can get something working I will let the list know...

I think I am going for a bit of a mix of.

IP Cop with Cop+

M0n0 Wall or NoCat with NoCatAuth and NoCatSplash

Then one or More K12LTSP boxes depending on the login.

Thanks for the inputs, a few Ideas have been almost Exactly what I am
looking for...  I would be working on it right now, but I have a MS Box that
is fairly mshosed (Raid5 that 'lost' its partitions...)