Re: [K12OSN] Squid Question

Funny you should mention advproxy.   :)  I just  used it in
conjunction with 'urlfilter' for a school's firewall.  I found that
advproxy has a lot of authentication options but passing those on to
urlfilter(squidguard) didn't seem possible with the gui.  i think this
might be job for the squid mailing list.  I just can't believe it's
not possible. looks like this guy was allowing/disallowing and
filtering/not-filtering based on nt group:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200306/0686.html

that's just a step away from what I need.

Peter

On 4/5/07, Jim Kronebusch <jim winonacotter org> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:12:04 -0400, Peter Hartmann wrote
> Hey Jim,
> did you ever find a solution that met all your requirements?
> specifically I'm wondering if you found something  that would use
> different filtering rules based on user/group (not just
> filter/not-filter).

Very funny that you ask this question, I was actually revisiting this today as a matter
of fact :-)  I never found the solution I was looking for before, but today I found the
following:

http://www.advproxy.net/

It looks like it will do exactly what I was looking for.  I may try and implement it
over the summer, a little late in the year to try it now.

If you give it a try post your results back to the list.

Jim