[K12OSN] CXOFFICE cause High Load on K12LTSP 5.0

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Tue Jan 30 14:20:25 UTC 2007

Hi everybody!,

I have Dell Poweredge 2850 with two Dual core 2.8GHZ processors with 8GB
of Ram and Raid 5 disk setup.  I am running CXOffice pro 5.0 running
Office 2000.  The problem is at the school there is Microsoft Powerpoint
class that has 21 students when they start Powerpoint running top shows
CPU 5%-10% utilization, but the load shows up to 116 % fluctuates
85%-90%. The server for troubleshooting purposes had only 21 students on
at the time with 4 processors I would expect it should handle this load
with no problems.  Is their anybody else running Powerpoint with 20 some
students without any problems?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If the school would let me have my way we would just run Impress and
things would just work.  But, this is a political thing and their pcs
are too old and decrepit and I will  not support the lab running
Windows!

Thanks in Advance!

-Glenn