[K12OSN] Java on K12LTSP 5EL

Hello,

I used the Install additional software -> Get Java method to install Java on a fresh K12LTSP 5EL server. Though it's not the latest version it seems to work fine on a console:

  $ java -version
  java version "1.5.0_10"
  Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_10-b03)
  Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode)

The browser plugin doesn't seem to be installed however, as all Java applets in Firefox show the puzzle piece icon and tell me to install a plugin. Is this a bug? Anything I can do to fix this?

Nils Breunese.