Re: [K12OSN] FOSS Education Apps Suggestions?

Ktuberling (Mr. Potato Head) for the little ones ;)
TuxMath (personally not a fan of the TuxMath/Type apps cuz of the bandwidth overhead the suck up)

--Huck

Bryant Patten wrote:
I am updating the Free Software for Schools publication (www.lulu.com/content/286873) for the upcoming NELS/FOSSED conferences (www.fossed.com) and I thought before I put the final wraps on, I would ask the people on this list for their top recommendations. The current version has about 140 programs listed and the most famous ones are already included: Open Office, Abiword, all the edu.kde.org apps, GIMP, Scribus, Audacity, Blender, Inkscape, MythTV, Celestia, Stellarium, NVU, Drupal, Moodle, Tuxpaint and Tuxtype, GCompris....etc

But some other applications are not in this 2+ year-old publication: Scratch, Alice, OpenBiblio, Koha, Dia, Thunderbird, Firefox, Freemind, DansGuardian, Nagios, Zimbra...and ???

So I am curious what others people think should be included. Your suggestions may already be in there but I would hate to miss a new, cool program or perhaps a classic that I just overlooked.

Bryant Patten