Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:00:39 +0530
From: "Sudev Barar" <sbarar gmail com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] FS 100 Compaq EN SFF
To: "Support list for open source software in schools."
	<k12osn redhat com>

On 10/03/07, John Baillie <jbaillie stmarys-school org> wrote:
Is anyone interested in Compaq EN SFF pcs?
We have 100+
They range from 350 MHz to 500 MHz
64 - 256 MB Ram
6GB HD.

Is there a picture?

Sudev,

I yanked this out of google

http://www.verifiedcomputers.com/itemDetails.cfm?itemID=2000425

This would represent the best of the batch of what we have to offer but most are 350 MHz.

If you want actual pictures I will take some and post them on our website next week

These are nice little boxes. Some of the HDs have a noisy whirrr to them. they lived their first 3 years in our school with the HDs unplugged so it was not a factor. it was a sad day when I had to plug them back in and load W2K BUT I did make them dual boot K12LTSP and ya know what most of the students choose? K12 Linux! Many of these are in use right now in some of the classrooms and look real good with LCDs sitting on them. If power in the classrooms was not a factor I'd keep em and up the ratio of PCs to students.

Since posting this here I have had some emails off list. I will sell them onesy twosy if I have to but would love to sell the whole lot of them or blocks of 25.

I purchased similar size HPs from Ebay in November and they came 5 or 6 to a box via UPS

John