[K12OSN] FS 100 Compaq EN SFF

John Baillie jbaillie at stmarys-school.org
Sat Mar 10 20:12:30 UTC 2007

k12osn-request at redhat.com wrote:
> snip ------------->
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:00:39 +0530
> From: "Sudev Barar" <sbarar at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [K12OSN] FS 100 Compaq EN SFF
> To: "Support list for open source software in schools."
> 	<k12osn at redhat.com>
>
> On 10/03/07, John Baillie <jbaillie at stmarys-school.org> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone interested in Compaq EN SFF pcs?
>> We have 100+
>> They range from 350 MHz to 500 MHz
>> 64 - 256 MB Ram
>> 6GB HD.
>>

> Is there a picture?

Sudev,

I yanked this out of google

http://www.verifiedcomputers.com/itemDetails.cfm?itemID=2000425

This would represent the best of the batch of what we have to offer but
most are 350 MHz.

If you want actual pictures I will take some and post them on our
website next week

These are nice little boxes. Some of the HDs have a noisy whirrr to
them. they lived their first 3 years in our school with the HDs
unplugged so it was not a factor.  it was a sad day when I had to plug
them back in and load W2K BUT I did make them dual boot K12LTSP and ya
know what most of the students choose? K12 Linux!  Many of these are in
use right now in some of the classrooms  and look real good with LCDs
sitting on them. If power in the classrooms was not a factor I'd keep em
and up the ratio of PCs to students.

Since posting this here I have had some emails off list. I will sell
them onesy twosy if I have to but would love to sell the whole lot of
them or blocks of 25.

I purchased similar size HPs from Ebay in November and they came 5 or 6
to a box via UPS

John