What has happened to [K12OSN] K12Linux

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 07:36:15 UTC 2009

Luis Montes wrote:

> My problem was that I was doing a one NIC setup which isn't yet documented:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/AdvancedNetworkSetup
>
> I'm guilty of not contributing anything back to the documentation once I
> got it to work.  Now I have to figure out again what I did wrong. Maybe
> this time I'll write things down.
>
> Thanks for all the work you've put in, Warren.

I have to admit that I did not understand the one NIC setup before.  I
am under the impression that this is actually a lesson common way of
using it, because you typically already have a DHCP server on a network.

But the way you described it where the LTSP server itself serves DHCP
for the rest of the network... that actually is not much different from
the standard configuration at all.

I suppose we really need people to describe what are the typical ways of
setting up a LTSP network?  Then we can organize the various ways into
the documentation.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com