[K12OSN] Private Beta Delayed for ltspfs

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Fri Jun 10 13:07:37 UTC 2011

Wednesday my car was whacked from the side by someone pulling out
backwards from their driveway.  Luckily nobody was hurt, but this is
causing a significant waste of time for me in dealing with the insurance
claim and getting my car repaired.  (Also lucky for me, I wont have to
pay anything.)

I have been attempting to figure out the cause of ltspfs (remote USB
storage) brokenness on and off for the past few days.  Just now I
realized that upstream ltspfs does not appear to match the ltspfs as
packaged in Debian.  So I asked for clarification.

I think it would be worthwhile to hold on releasing the private beta of
K12Linux EL6 until at least ltspfs is fixed.

I *think* this feature worked in Fedora 12 LTSP.  Does anyone know if
this worked out-of-the-box with Gavin Spurgeon's Fedora 13 LTSP?  I
wasn't able to easily see if Gavin made any changes since he didn't
publish his .src.rpm's alongside his binary RPMS.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com