Re: [K12OSN] Poor performance woes

So, runs fine at server console, but lags severely at the thin client with the same account.  Are you certain that the clients are running at 100Mb full duplex?  If you've enabled a shell at the client can you check to see what ifconfig reports at the client?  I would check memory/performance at the client with top (in a shell, add SCREEN_02=shell in lts.conf, ctl-alt-f2 to access it at the client) while the page is being displayed from the GUI login session just to convince myself it isn't a load issue at the client.

Also, Adobe has a 64bit Flash for linux (v11) available as beta. I've been running that for the last couple of weeks (since it was released IOW) on my systems (Ubuntu 10.04 with LTSP packages added). http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html It definitely runs better than the 32bit flash with nswrapper.  Installation was just a matter of  uninstalling the 32bit flash and copying the 64bit version to the correct plugins directory.

Those are the things that I'd check first.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School