[katello-devel] provider URL: reverted a few changes

Todd B Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Fri May 20 12:25:57 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 08:20 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 05/20/2011 07:30 AM, Todd B Sanders wrote:
>> On 05/19/2011 06:47 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>> This one was my fault. Lemme explain my thinking:
>>>
>>> If this is just for RedHat providers, then I think that the manifest
>>> should have it embedded or it should be coded in the app (config file).
>>>
>>> Now.. should we support using the same Provider type for upstream
>>> candlepins? If so, that negates the idea of the config file.. but may
>>> be that we add it into the maniest.
>>
>> If the katello-instance that you can sync from is equal to the same
>> instance that created the manifest, then absolutely I would move to
>> embedding this data in the manifest vs the UI or config file.
>>
>> -Todd
>>

> OK... I will get this on the Candlepin backlog. As for the second
> question. Do we want to support the following:
>
> 1) a Tenant either gets Red Hat Subscriptions from an upstream
> candlepin, or Red Hat. This means there is only on Red Hat provider
> per tenant.
>
> -- bk

I think that's right.  Tenants are limited to a single RH provider.   I
can't think of a case where a tenant would want to get RH content from
multiple locations.

We will need to specify the %env tag within the content set urls when
creating a manifest on an upstream katello/candlepin, so that the
downstream created RH provider will pull content from the correct
environment (i.e. production).

-Todd