[katello-devel] Katello CLI simple test

Tomas Strachota tstrachota at redhat.com
Tue May 31 15:15:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

our cli check script (scripts/test/katello-cli-simple-test.sh) turned
out to be very useful today and helped to discover bugs for me and
Lukas. Therefore I extended it a little bit more.

It now prints what it tests, status OK/FAILED and error message returned
from CLI (in case of fail). This enables testing list commands without
actually printing the lists that only made the output chaotic.

The old behaviour is still there when you use parameter -v.

There are tests for most of our tricky commands. I recommend to run the
script before pushing changes to master to everybody who changes api/cli.

Tomas