[katello-devel] Foreman Registration Design

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 09:38:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:25:31AM +0000, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> I suppose the assumption for now is that the puppetmaster will always be
> the Katello host - there won't any support for splitting up and
> multiplying the number of puppetmaster hosts yet?  At that point, the
> hostname may need to be more dynamic than as delivered in the RPM.

Well I mean we would just add puppetmaster bits into the katello-cert
rpm. This wiki explains what we actually do:

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideSystemRegistrationClient#Option1preferredmethod:UsingthebootstrapRPM

and here you can see the RPM post inst script:

https://github.com/Katello/katello/blob/master/katello-configure/modules/certs/templates/rhsm-katello-reconfigure.erb

The RPM is generated during configuration of Katello, everything in
there is dynamic (and can be also re-generated with reapplying
katello-configure = puppet).

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine