[Libvir] [RFC] Add Container support to libvirt

Shuveb Hussain shuveb at binarykarma.com
Thu Jan 3 04:37:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

How do you plan to maintain VM states across base machine reboots. I
mean just as Xen uses XenStore and OpenVZ uses config files to
"remember" VM configs? Are there tools being developed to do that?

As I see it the container infrastructure is going into 2.6.24 as a
generic UNIXish mechanism. It is well integrated into the kernel. So
I'm really wondering if there are generic tools going to be available
to manage the configuration of containers.

I don't know if it is a good idea to use libvirt's XML files
themselves for container config and start containers during libvirtd
start-up. I'm just thinking aloud here. What was your plan?

--shuveb

--
Shuveb Hussain
B I N A R Y K A R M A