[Libvirt-cim] CIMTest run performance

Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) eblima at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 31 18:34:35 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 02:35 PM, Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) wrote:

> Now the behavior of cimtest with the patch applied is much more similar
> to the version without the patch. 158 tests are labeled PASS, and only 3
> that were FAIL without patch are now SKIP. Unfortunately I don't have
> access to the test machine at the moment, so I am not able to provide
> the detailed report, which I will do as soon as possible.

I have found similar cases of commands running locally with unexpected
behavior, so I went on and applied the same modifications applied for
commands which involved awk to basically all other commands I could find.

Some tests are still being skipped when running locally, but those tests
fail when run via ssh. A special case is test
VirtualSystemManagementService - 27_definesystem_macvtap_dev.py which
fails only without the patch.

Attached, you can find the latest version of the patch and reports of
the test suite run both with and without the patch applied.

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima
Software Engineer, Open Virtualization
eblima at br.ibm.com