libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held by monitor=remoteDispatchDomainMigratePerform3Params)

Blake Anderson gnarliprime at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 01:28:44 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
I have a question that you may be able to help me with. I had a live block migration of a qemu-kvm guest fail (initiated via nova), in which the guest remained running on the source, but if I try to re-initiate the live migration it returns libvirtError: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held by monitor=remoteDispatchDomainMigratePerform3Params). Looking at blockjob --info I see there is a block copy that has been stuck at 23 % for a few hours now. Is it safe to issue a —abort to the blockjob without impacting the vm and will that resolve the lock?

Source:
libvirt-4.5.0-23.el7_7.5.x86_64
qemu-kvm-ev-2.10.0-21.el7_5.7.1.x86_64

Destination: