New bug in Audit

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Mon Jan 9 15:02:21 UTC 2023

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 3:30 AM Ariel Silver <arielsilver77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys and thank you for the quick reply, Much appreciated!
>
> As Richard and Steve mentioned the commit: https://github.com/linux-audit/audit-kernel/commit/1b2263a807ca651f94517b1b22dc5f13e494984d
> Fixed this issue.

A quick note for anyone looking to backport, the actual commit in the
upstream Linux Kernel is d4fefa4801a1 ("audit: move audit_return_fixup
before the filters").  Looking at the commit ID posted above and the
note in the commit about the manual merge, it looks like the 1b22
commit had a munged subject line that was fixed in d4fe.

> Any timeframe to when we can get a new version of auditd with that fix?
> Or should I count on redhat to release an update to the kernel ?
>
> Any update will be good.

This is one of those reasons why you really need to contact RH
directly via their bugzilla and/or a support representative; those of
us who work on the upstream Linux Kernel do not have visibility into
RH's kernel release process.  I maintain the Linux Kernel's audit
subsystem and I don't currently work for RH, and haven't for over four
years ;)

--
paul-moore.com