[Linux-cluster] Starting a cluster - Quorum Numbers

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Wed Jan 24 19:34:13 UTC 2007

Perhaps I've missed this somewhere but here I ask :).

I don't have a fixed number of nodes in my cluster. I sometimes use 4
machines, sometimes 8, sometimes more. I could split the clusters up but it
would be simpler for me if I could only turn up the nodes I need as I need
them.

The problem;

When I start my cluster, it locks up at DLM waiting on other nodes to come up.
If I don't need them all, then I only fire up the ones I need but then DLM
remains locked up until I turn up yet more nodes.

I believe this is related to my cluster.conf file but I've yet to find enough
information that will explain how I can get around this problem.

Can someone shed some light?

Mike