[Linux-cluster] Cluster NFS causes kernel bug

Kevin Anderson kanderso at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 15:37:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 10:32 -0400, Ward, Timothy - SSD wrote:
> I am trying to setup nfs as a clustered service.  The filesystem nfs is
> serving is a GFS2 fs.  So I am trying to find out is the problem with
> GFS2, NFS, the SMP processors or something else?

We have fixed a number of bugs with GFS2 over the last few weeks, so
would point at GFS2 as being the issue.  Pick up the latest kernel from
Steve Whitehouses GIT tree.  It has a number of fixes, with a number of
additional ones queued up to be pushed shortly.

If you need a stable environment at this time, use GFS1 instead of gfs2.

Kevin