[Linux-cluster] VMware over GFS?

Diego Liziero diegoliz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:47:38 UTC 2008

Maybe I haven't understood well your point,
if you are talking about moving vmware virtual machines stored in a
gfs from a node to another one running vmware server on rhel/centos5.2
linux, that's the environment I'm trying to get working.

By now I'm able to suspend all vm on a node, stop the vmware server
that hosted them, start another vmware server on another node and
resume them there.

The only thing I've some trouble in getting working is the network resume:
sometimes the network-resume script is not run on linux vm.

And, btw, I found easier to get everithing running with older vmware
server 1.0.x  than with the latest 2.0.

Regards,
Diego.