[Linux-cluster] fencing issue - with attach logs&conf

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 20:01:26 UTC 2010

Corey,

Hi Corey

I was talking about a watchdog not a kernel panic (sysreq...), on
common (X86) hardware, most server vendors implement embedded hardware
chips that could be used.

Indeed, SCSI3 reservation/registration could be combined to this whole
stuff to be sure about the nodes sanity.

I think the choice should be given to the admin to adopt or not the
paranoid approach of not failing over the services.