[Linux-cluster] iscsi sysmlink create problem

Kaisar Ahmed Khan lipson12 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 04:12:22 UTC 2014

Elvir Kuric,

My OS version is RHEL 6.2 , i just want to create Symlink for iscsi disk /dev/sda  with udev rules . i have done same thing in rhel 5.4.

thanks
kaisar

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:12 PM, Elvir Kuric <ekuric at redhat.com> wrote:

On 03/12/2014 12:43 PM, emmanuel segura wrote:

but it's a cluster problem? ummm

>>Dear Experts :
>>

>> following rule is not working to create symlink for iscsi disk , my iscsi device ID /dev/sda and want to link as /dev/iscsi/vendor_kernel
>>
>>please guide me if i miss anything .
>>

>>ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_MODEL}=="VIRTUAL-DISK", SYMLINK+=iscsi/%E{ID_VENDOR}_%K", MODE="0664"
>>
>>Thanks
>> kaisar
>>

>>--
>>

>--
>esta es mi vida e me la vivo hasta que dios quiera
>
>if you  share more information with us ( os version ) it could help.

Also below outputs can help to understand how system see device

if rhel 5  ( and clones )

#udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/DEVICE)

if rhel 6 ( and clones )

#
udevadm info --query=all -n /dev/DEVICE --attribute-walk

where DEVICE is device you want to write udev rule for.

Kind regards,

--
Elvir Kuric,TSE / Red Hat / GSS EMEA /