[linux-lvm] LVM2 features

John Seifarth lists at waw.be
Fri Oct 15 08:15:07 UTC 2004

Eric Hopper posted the query below last weekend, but I've seen no
replies on the list.

I'm a happy Linux 2.4.x kernel user with LVM 1 for a couple of years
now, with no problems and great reliability, on around 30 machines
running various Slackware versions.

Eric's question is exactly what I'd like to know, before migrating
these production machines to the 2.6.x kernel.

Should I wait? Should I worry? Do I have to buy a Redhat Enterprise
to be sure I have magic patches from Redhat in the kernel for
reliable LVM2 operation?

I'd really like to hear from the users and developers on this list
before changing  systems that have been working fine.

Thanks to all,

John

John Seifarth                               http://www.waw.be/waw/
Words & Wires SPRL                                    lists at waw.be
Computer Consulting & Language Services   Voice: (+) 32-2-660-3943
1160 Brussels, Belgium                      Fax: (+) 32-2-675-3922