AW: [linux-lvm] SAN setup with host mirrored disks

Fiederling, Daniel daniel.fiederling at warema.de
Mon Jul 17 06:11:17 UTC 2006

Hi,

thank you all for your answers. I currently test a setup with md for failover.
To clarify: we have two Clariions in two different locations that are used for failover. Of course on each Clariion the disks are set up as raid 5. My question was about setting up a mirror that "copies" the data on each Clariion.

Currently I use OpenSuSE 10.1 as distribution so unfortunately I can't use PowerPath because I only get rpms for sles or rhel that can't be installed. I know it's the wrong place for this question but: had someone success on installing PowerPath on non supported systems?

Kelly, I installed a package called multipath-tools version 0.4.6 which contains multipath and multipathd by Christophe Varoqui. Is that the mpio package you mentioned? Why do I have to expect io errors when using md? What is special about the Clariion setup? I would expect that the san disks are only "normal" scsi disks for linux...

Ciao
Daniel