[linux-lvm] what does 'orphan vg' mean?(global vg?)

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 12:11:01 UTC 2010

On 04/13/2010 01:33 PM, Busby.Cheung wrote:
> My LVM2 version is 2.02.54, haven't done any patch.
> Did you mean that there were some patches to fix the 'take long time'  's bug?

I mean these not-yet released changes in upstream, not that fixes all problems,
but should help

Version 2.02.63 -
  Suppress repeated errors about the same missing PV uuids.
  Bypass full device scans when using internally-cached VG metadata.
  Only do one full device scan during each read of text format metadata.

Milan