[Pki-users] Install DCS on RHEL4

lanjelot lanjelot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 10:26:00 UTC 2008

Hi list.

I am currently struggling to install DCS on RHEL4 AS update3. And I am
actually wondering if I have any chance to succeed.

I followed to the PKI_Install_Guide, and so far I have passed the
Prerequisites section successfully. But now that I am at the DCS
install stage using Yum, trouble is onto me.

I have only two repos enabled in my /etc/yum.repos.d directory:
- pki.yum (which I downloaded as instructed by the install guide)
- fedora.yum (which I have created as follows:)

$ cat fedora.yum
[fedora]
name=Fedora
baseurl=http://ftp.lip6.fr/ftp/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

As you see, I am addressing a Fedora8 repository.

So I just go like fine let's run yum install pki-ca, but then it fails
awfully complaining about "missing dependency" errors, and some
"pkg_foo conflicts with pkg_bar", and there are at least 50 of them.

So.... I guess I am doing it wrong. Maybe there is a better way to
install DCS on RHEL4, but I fail to see one. Can you help me with
that?

Thanks heaps!

PS. I am actually required to stick with RHEL4, I cannot go for a
fresh Fedora8+ install. I know it's stupid since I am actually
attempting to upgrade to Fedora8 but this is not an option for our
customer.