[Pulp-dev] Partially constructed data in the DB

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 19:15:31 UTC 2017

On 12/13/2017 12:46 PM, David Davis wrote:
> A few questions. First, what is meant by incomplete? I’m assuming it
> refers to a version in the process of being created or one that was
> not successfully created?

Both.

> Also, what’s the motivation behind storing this information? Is there
> something in Pulp that needs to know this or is this so that the user
> can know?

There may be others but an importer needs to be passed the new version
so it can add/remove content.  It needs to exist in the DB so that it
can add/remove content in separate transaction(s).

> Lastly, I imagine that a task will be associated with the creation of
> a version. Does knowing its state not suffice for determining if a
> version is visible/valid?

IMHO, absolutely not.  That is not what tasks records in the DB are
for.  Completed task records can be deleted at any time.