[Pulp-dev] file repository type

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 21:03:26 UTC 2017

The key is in discovery of files. There's no standard we know of that would
be helpful, which is why we depend on a PULP_MANIFEST to tell us what files
are available. Maybe there are some cases when a particular service has a
well-defined way of expressing what files are available, in which case we
could instead support that as the discovery mechanism. It's a good question
about whether that would be an addition to the pulp_file plugin, or a
separate plugin. It probably needs to be evaluated case-by-case.

As one related example, the Pulp 2 puppet importer supports both the forge
API and a PULP_MANIFEST for discovery of available puppet modules on a
remote server.