[Pulp-dev] PUP Process: "obvious consensus"

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 14:47:00 UTC 2017

--> - We could score each vote (e.g. -2 for -1, -1 for -0, +1 for +0, +2
for +1) and then add up the votes. An obvious consensus could be something
like a total of 0 or greater.

>From my perspective it complicates the 'consensus'

Why not following: if there is -1 from core dev, then not implement it and
if majority of the votes are +/-0 then maybe revisit the PUP and talk again
since the team is like 'meh, not really motivated'.
For obvious consensus i think most of the votes should be +1, because it
shows that team members are motivated and inspired by the forthcoming
changes, otherwise i don't see sense in pushing forward is there is no
boost from the very beginning.

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."