[Pulp-dev] RPM plugin meeting notes

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Thu May 16 18:18:14 UTC 2019

Pulp 2:

   - Some old issues which are fixed are still at ON_QA. daviddavis will
   move it to CLOSED-CURRENTRELEASE
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3047
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3100
      - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3115

   - 2.19.1 work
      - low participation, probably due to conference prep
      - it will be helpful if more people are involved in fixing pulp 2
      issues

   - https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4798  upload issue
      - seems to be a dupe of https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4059
      - #4059 should be reopen
      - link 4798 to 4059, ref both in any PRs - AI for ggainey to
      link/reopen
      - need to find issue about download catalog not being updated - AI
      for dkliban

Pulp 3:

   - simple copy PR https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1328
      - bmbouter will review, docs mostly

   - kickstart trees updates
      - not much progress due to pulp2 work
      - got Katello feedback, no blockers
      - AI: ttereshc to update roadmap with use cases

   - modularity updates
      - use cases are done and reviewed by some stakeholders
      - https://etherpad.net/p/modularity_use_cases
      - AI: file tasks to model modularity content
      - AI: ttereshc to update roadmap with use cases

   - installer
      - no improvements needed in forklift
      - task is filed against pulplift https://pulp.plan.io/issues/4770

   - committing migrations
      - let's commit with the next release
      - still keep it as beta, not rc

   - Are we compatible with the latest pulpcore? When should we release?
      - yes, all the changes are made
         - thanks to ppicka for updating the distribution part
      - we'll release next beta right after pulpcore rc2

Triage:

   - Un-triaged bugs
   https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm/issues?query_id=30
   - Triage etherpad https://etherpad.net/p/rpm_triage_grooming