[Pulp-dev] Docstring linting

Austin Macdonald austin at redhat.com
Tue May 21 15:49:29 UTC 2019

Something else to consider: some docstrings are rendered as user-facing
documentation in the autogenerated REST docs. This means that docstring
linting needs to be ignored for ViewSets. For example, I have a PR open
that alters pulp_file viewset docstrings to contain html, to pass the
linter, we have add docstring exceptions to the flake8 config.

My initial reaction is that we might be better off keeping the
flake8-docstring package out of pulplift, and we should also remove it from
travis.