[Pulp-dev] No-Retry Behaviour on Network Errors: call for feedback and concerns

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Fri May 15 17:51:05 UTC 2020

Thank you both for the input.

@jsherrill I agree. We finished the implementation planning for
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6699 on the issue and it's now on the sprint.

@ipanova I also agree with this goal. What I'm not sure about is how to
handle it more broadly. I believe more broadly it is a missing feature of
the TaskStatus something like:  "As a user, I don't know how to interpret
the traceback because there isn't a concise error message". I put that into
this feature placeholder https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6751

The docs issue https://pulp.plan.io/issues/6624 is also on the sprint now
too.