[Pulp-list] Local Pulp server for client app development?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:56:24 UTC 2015

On 22 August 2015 at 09:49, Michael Hrivnak <mhrivnak at redhat.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I'm glad you made it onto the list!
>
> The blog post about trying pulp with docker is still current. It's a
> convenient way to experiment with a non-production-quality deployment.

OK, I've tried running through this on F22 now:

1. "sudo source ..." fails with "Command not found", but "sudo sh ..."
appears to work

2. It would be helpful if the script explicitly checked if the docker
daemon was running and bailed out if not. As a relative Docker noob,
it's hard to get from "Post
http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.19/containers/create?name=db: dial unix
/var/run/docker.sock: no such file or directory. Are you trying to
connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?"  to the correct
explanation "The Docker daemon isn't running"

3. It would be helpful it the script automatically converted a
supplied relative path to an absolute path to avoid "Error response
from daemon: cannot bind mount volume:
_storage/pulp/var/log/httpd-pulpapi volume paths must be absolute."

4. After the failed run with a non-absolute path, it's now stuck at
"waiting for mongodb", and Ctrl-C doesn't work to terminate the
script. The current output is:

===================================
Launching in /home/ncoghlan/fedoradevel/_storage/pulp
db
db already exists
qpid
qpid already exists
chown: changing ownership of '/var/lib/pulp': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/celery': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/published': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/static': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/uploads': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/content': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pulp/repo_auth.conf': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/server': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pulp/server.conf': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/vhosts80': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/ca.crt': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/ca.key': Permission denied
cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pki/pulp/content': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/rsa.key': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/rsa_pub.key': Permission denied
waiting for mongodb
waiting for mongodb

5. Doing "sudo docker rm -fv <hash>" for all of the running containers
and re-running the launch script still gets stuck waiting for mongodb

Regards,
Nick.