[Pulp-list] <External> Pulp CLI feedback

Dvorak, David David.Dvorak at nike.com
Wed May 23 17:08:18 UTC 2018

Machine readable output, i.e  json.

Thanks,
David

From: <pulp-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of David Davis <daviddavis at redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 5:52 AM
To: pulp-list <pulp-list at redhat.com>
Subject: <External>[Pulp-list] Pulp CLI feedback

As many of you know by now, we're working on Pulp 3.0. With this new rewrite of Pulp comes the opportunity to revisit our CLI. In doing so, we'd like some feedback from our users on how they use the CLI and how we can improve on the Pulp 2 CLI.

Here are some questions we've come up with. General feedback is welcome as well.

- What commands or functionality in the CLI do you rely on the most?
- Are there things you wish the CLI had or did?
- Why do you use the CLI over using the REST API directly?
- Do you strictly use the CLI or do you use other things like Katello or the REST API?
- Would you prefer a CLI or a basic web UI?

Thanks.

David