Wireless - tried to automate - now cannot boot

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 18:22:22 UTC 2004

The machine is hanging at boot time. Not exactly sure where or why.

WIreless is working, but it's not getting setup correctly at boot
time. To get past this I created a file /root/scripts/wireless witht
he following commands:

#!/bin/bash
iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
iwconfig wlan0 ESSID XXXXXX
iwconfig wlan0 key open XXXXX
dhclient

These commands work at the command line and wireless comes up fine. I
did not try the script file by hand. My mistake.

I added a call to this file in /etc/rc.local and rebooted. The machine
hangs bringin up the network.

I tried booting in Knoppix. I see the file but Knoppix is not letting
me edit it.

All I want to do now is remove the call in rc.local.

How can I do this, preferably with the FC2 disks.

Thanks,
Mark